COMPILATIONS OF GRAMMAR QUESTIONS FROM UPSR 2005 TO 2012 (QUESTION 16 – 21 –PAPER 1)
- We (sleep / sleeps / slept / sleeping) late every Saturday.
- Zaimy (do / did / does / done) ask for permission before he went to the library.
- The tigress gives ( its / his / their) cub the meat.
- The train is going ( to / in / through / between) the tunnel.
- (Besides / Although / Therefore / Furthermore) Farah was tired, she still helped her mother.
- Yoong got the (less / least / little) marks in Mathematics.
- He stood ( in / by /under / across) the post box and waited for the postman.
- Salmah bought a book, pen and pencil case because ( it / we / she / they) were cheap.
- Yasmin understood the message because Chan spoke ( softly /clearly / quickly / hurriedly).
- It had been raining heavily ( so / but / because / although) the village was flooded.
- The boy ( sadly / politely / happily / quickly ) took some money from his mother and ran out ( carefully / lightly / quickly / tiredly) to buy an ice-cream.
- The durian is a fruit with ( soft / sharp / short / broken) thorns and (long / hard / smooth / rough) skin.
- Father : Do you have ( any / many / a few / a little) homework today
- The weather today is (hot / hotter / hotting / hottest) than yesterday but last week was the ( hotter / hottest / hot / hotting) .
- Mother : How did you break the vase, Husna?
Husna : I ( break / broke / breaks / breaking) it while I was wiping the table.
- Kevin did his English test ( badly / quickly / carefully / angrily) and he promised to do it better the next time.
- Arif collected the ( most / more / many / much) number of old newspapers for the recycling campaign in his school.
- You must finish your work ( of / or / but) you cannot watch television.
- Mpther : ( Has / Had / Do / Have) you taken your bath, Bala?
Bala : Yes, I ( has / had / do / have).
- “Adam, please pay attention. You must (listen / listens / listened / listening) to me when I’m teaching,” said the teacher.
- They live in (a / an / the) beautiful house on ( the / a / an) island.
- They worked very hard for the examination, (do / did / don’t / didn’t) they?
- He ( is / are / was / were) running to the canteen he fell.
- The spectators were leaning ( along / against / around / above) the fence while watching the football match.
- I would like to buy that watch ( if / so / because / although) it is expensive.
- The ladies are busy hanging ( a / an / the) curtains for ( an / the / a) wedding.
- Tina and Farid will ( take / takes / taking / took) taxi to the airport.
- Wani and her sister ( liking / likes / liked / like) eating vegetables.
- The children continued to play ( whether / because / although / therefore) it was raining heavily.
- (That / This / Those / These) pencils which I am using belong to my sister.
- (Where / Whose / Whom / Which) did you give the umbrella to?
- The zookeepers ( is / are / was / were) feeding the elephants just now.
- There isn’t ( some / any / a little / plenty of) sugar left in the jar.
- How (much / many / little / some) time do you need to paint the wall?
- Rafie fell and (break / broke / breaks / broken) his spectacles..
- En. Muzaffar walks ( over / among / towards / across) his new car.
- Please put the boxes of crockery (heavily / lightly / kindly / gently) on the floor.
- Look at (this / that / these / those) ducks swimming in the pond over there.
- Mei Ling’s handwriting is (clear / sharp / neat / fast) and tidy.
- Teacher : Ramlan, you ( should / could / will / do) not be late for school.
Ramlan : Yes, I know teacher. I’m sorry.
GRAMMAR TOPICS TESTED IN THE EXAM :
1. TENSES 10. ARTICLE
2. PRONOUN 11. VERB
3. CONJUNCTIONS 12. QUESTION TAG
4. PREPOSTIONS (DIRECTION/LOCATIONS) 13. DEMONSTRATIVE PRONOUNS
5. ADJECTIVE 14. INTERROGATIVE PRONOUNS
6. ADVERB 15. QUANTIFIER
7. COUNTABLE NOUN 16. DETERMINER
8. COMPARATIVE AND SUPERLATIVE ADJECTIVES
9. SUBJECT-VERB AGREEMENT